The 3rd Enfield’s Centenary Display is held at Chace Community School. The Chief Guest is Deputy Mayor of Enfield Henry Mardon with the Deputy Mayoress, and Brigade Secretary Sydney Jones is the Inspecting Officer.
The evening is a showcase of the Company, past and present, with the evening being made up of a number of items:
- The Company Band gives a display of marches, consisting of some old pieces and some new ones, including the finale piece Salute to T R P, in tribute to T R Plowman, ex-Captain of the 3rd Enfield. Ray Barnes, who also wrote the famous Swingtime, wrote this march.
- The Anchor Boys dress as clowns and distribute pieces of cake to the audience as part of their games.
- Old time Rifle Drill with Chris Sanders leading the squad as Colonel Chappie!
- The Junior Section demonstrates its achievement schemes, a regular activity on Monday nights.
- Two teams compete against each other to see who can raise a tent the quickest.
- The Junior Section performs its version of the famous Royal Tournament gun carriage race.
- An old boys drill down – the old boys show a high standard of drill from their youth, but Pte Simeon Layzell eventually wins.
- The finale is a combined band of the boys and old boys. The band plays a range of marches including Swingtime. This event is organised by Andy Barnes.
View the Display Programme.